Central Missouri Carpenters
5218 Business Highway 50 West
Jefferson City, MO 65109
- Applicant must be at least 17 years old
- Applicant can complete the application on the Apply now tab.
As of 3/28/22 we are no longer testing apprentices for advanced placement into our program. It will be at your discretion as to what level you would like to bring an apprentice in based upon their prior knowledge and skill set. Please be advised that per D.O.L. guidelines, an apprentice must attend at least one half of the total duration of the program. That being said, we cannot accept an apprentice above 5th term (80%). If you feel an applicant is more qualified than this, you may pay them above the 5th term scale, however they would still be a 5th term apprentice in our program. As always, you may elect to skip the apprenticeship program altogether and bring an applicant in as a journeyperson if you feel that they meet the qualifications to excel at this level.
If an apprentice is brought in at a beginning level; shows adequate knowledge and aptitude, performs at a level that you deem exceeds their initial placement; you may contact us and submit a new letter of intent to progress that apprentice’s current term up to, and including 5th term (80%) . This process must be made prior to the apprentice in question’s first full payroll cycle.
The original level may be adjusted up to 5th period (80%), if after working a few days, and before their first payroll check is issued, you (the contractor) determine a higher level is warranted.
After completing the application and to begin the Indenturing Process, an applicant must:
- Meet with an outreach specialist, Set up appointment with office (573) 556-6040
- Obtain a job with a signatory contractor AND obtain a letter of intent from the signatory contractor
- After you make contact with a contractor who is willing to commit to your employment.
- The Contractor must then complete a Letter of Intent to Hire on Company letterhead signed by a Company Representative.
- Set up appointment with office (573) 556-6040 to complete the membership agreements, program application process, and pass a drug test at the program’s expense. You may take the test ONE TIME ONLY!
- Things to bring with you
- Rapid Results
- Drug Test Results
- Driver’s License,
- Birth Certificate,
- High School Diploma/GED/Hiset
- $26.00 Cash or Check permit fee
- Photo ID
- Obtain required Basic Tools
- Start job; Note: Employed apprentices are registered with the U. S. Department of Office of Apprenticeship
- Report to the Central Missouri Carpenters' Training Center when notified. This usually takes place about 3 months after entrance of the program. Apprentices report to the school for one unit of training (4-day period), every three months.
- Training and pay progresses as the apprentice completes units.
- Achieve Journey level status after completing 18 units and 6,000 hours on-the-job learning, or approximately four years of apprenticeship.
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy
The Joint Apprenticeship Committee will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or person 40 years old or older. The Joint Apprenticeship Committee will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.